Home Guidebook Members Market Map Login Register
OOC News IC News
28/01/2019 - With a new theme and new colours, Starwave will soon be running leadership searches for the three clans. We also have worked out a few little bugs too. The joining incentive is going to run from now until the end of February, so instead of bringing one character to copper level, you can still bring two, and their companion as well! You are welcome to break this up as well. So, come join us, and let's see what goes on! With more people, hopefully, we intend to run events and make the site more PvE. Clan leadership will be opened soon too, hopefully!

26/11/2018 - Starwave is ready to go! There are still pieces to flatten, to make better, but its time to open and see how it all goes. Tis exciting to do so! Please feel free to advertise, tell people, etc and let's go. Once a few have joined, the first event will happen which is going to be finding clan leaders! Subforums in those areas are open for claiming too if you'd like them! Excited! Let's have some fun!

23/11/2018 - Much is done! Lands, guidebook is finished, profiles (save for the --> I can't work out what displaying that its driving me insane!) But I'm happy with everything and the progess of whats happening. I have some subforums to add to the clan lands, and then it will be almost ready to go for an opening and a beginning. There will be a SWP very early after opening too!

11/11/2018 - Starwave is underway. This is the first OOC news entry!

28/01/2019 - Starwave has seen quite a few new arrivals, and the clans are stirring. More arrive every day - and some of the Inherent and skeptical, some welcoming and others flat out angry and upset. However, they are accepting and soon, they will be seeking clan leaders - who will they be?

26/11/2018 - The time has come. Starwave's portals are open; the world is pulling newcomers to the shores. What will happen now?

Open don't trust the moon—
Nomad
Copper level
30 years
Mare

4 Posts

don't trust the moon—

The gentle, serene rippling of the calm waters against a warm and sandy shore is what finally awakens the cerulean mare from her dreamless sleep. Hesitantly, her glowing gemstone eyes flutter open. Her face is pressed against the warm beach, one eye facing an endless blue sky and the other closing against white sand particles. Imbris inhales slowly and then exhales even slower, making no effort to move but all of the effort to remain in this semi-dream state where the warmth of the sun beats against her in a gentle blanket and the calm waters ripple against the half of her that hadn't quite made it onto the dry beach.

It feels right. The gentle scenery. The warmth. The water.

And yet... she does not know why it feels so right. Armed only with the memory of her name, the sapphire woman finally (and begrudgingly) lifts her soggy-tressed head from her sandy bed. Her slim but muscled frame follows soon after, accented in flecks of sand and broken shells. The gilded baubles that sit ensconced beneath a tousled forelock are muffled in their jingling, but those that wrap around her deep chest and thin ankles ring more clearly like bells in crispy air as she moves.

Imbris takes a moment to shake her sapphire body free of the sand that relentlessly clings to her, though despite her best efforts it still holds onto her damp mane and flicking sapphire tail. It goes unnoticed as her emerald eyes turn to gaze at the ocean behind her and come to rest on a variety of round metallic portals, foreign in their existence and their meaning to her. Her lips pout slightly as she pivots to face the metal beasts and stands for a long while, waiting for them to do something.

Instead, she ends up watching the sun set.

Imbris
—she's always changing

[open ♥]
Hylan
Gold level
50 years
Stallion

5 Posts

Hylan
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

"It's pretty, isn't it?"

The soft voice sounds from behind the blue woman, but soon enough the speaker comes into view. The young Caracal sprawls out in the sand beside the woman, grinning up at her warmly as the sound of crunching sand beneath hooves can be heard in the distance. They are not running, nor even trotting, just merely strolling along calmly. Sati tilts her head and her grin grows as she sees her master has finally caught up with her. She'd run off earlier, chasing little fish she'd seen darting around some of the portals in the water, but they both knew that they would always be able to find each other again.

"I hope she did not startle you." Khaa apologises as he approaches the stranger, nodding his head at Sati as the cat got to her feet and stretched, still grinning as though she'd done something good. Khaa merely eyed her carefully but his expression remained gentle - if stoic - before he returned his focus to the iridescent blue mare. "Have you come through the portals as well?" So far he has not seen any natives, and can only assume by her presence near the large rings that she, too, was from another place entirely.

Every night the battle between chaos and creation must go on,
otherwise the world will be destroyed.
Speaks | Thinks | Sounds Like | Sati Speaks

@Imbris
Nomad
Copper level
30 years
Mare

4 Posts

don't trust the moon—

For however long the cerulean woman has stood in repose regarding the sunset, it's only the soft voice from behind her that pulls her glowing gemstone eyes from the pastel-painted horizon and the gleaming metal spheres. Admittedly, the woman did not expect to see a wildcat as her gaze settles on the source of the voice, and yet ─ she feels no concern, nor alarm (for a fleeting moment, she considers whether she should be feeling alarmed), as she returns the almost-coy smile of her newest acquaintance as it curls against the warm sand. "Incredibly," she responds quietly, letting her emerald eyes slip over the curved ears and brilliant blue eyes of the caracal as her fluttering ears finally register the approaching sound of sand beneath hooves.

She turns her head, flicking a salted sapphire forelock from her eyes to allow them to settle on the stallion who approaches. The warmth of his face mirrors that of the caracal and Imbris responds in kind, shaking her head at his opening statement with a quiet chuckle. "No, no. She's quite alright," the woman says dismissively, though she can feel curiosity for the feline and her gilded liege take hold in her mind. The red roan stallion mentions the portals and Imbris flicks her green eyes to regard them again for a brief moment, her lips pursing together in the process.

She's pensive, and silent, but only for a short while before she turns her emerald gaze back to the sleek and tall stallion, giving him a small shrug of her sand-dusted shoulders. "I must have, but truly I do not remember..." she trails off, waiting for panic to seize her chest...

It never does. In fact, it almost feels... right.

"My name is Imbris. I don't remember anything before this moment and this place, but I trust you may be able to tell me where I am?" she asks politely of the stallion, her expression both hopeful and, maybe just slightly, bordering on the edge of coquettish.

Imbris
—she's always changing

[@Khaa ♥]
Hylan
Gold level
50 years
Stallion

5 Posts

Hylan
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

Sati seems quite pleased with herself. Not only did the mare not spook at her sudden appearance, but she responded kindly instead of rudely, and that was enough of a good start for the stranger to be in her good books. At least for now, anyway. She also ignores the look Khaa gives her, and swishes her slender tail about in disreguard, only to be quickly distracted by a fish darting around the base of the nearest portal. Her pupils dialate to near impossible sizes as she settles herself into stalk mode.

Khaa merely shakes his head at her antics, hearing the woman's words that the kitten had not startled her. His ruby gaze takes in her unusual appearance, and to him, she reminds him of The Nile. A small hint of a smile seems to tug at his lips at this revelation, but it does not grow into anything obvious. He listens to her answer carefully, and the words that follow after her introduction as well. Amnesia was something he knew well. His own adopted sister had suffered it for some time when they'd found her dying and nursed her back to health, but she had thankfully regained almost all of her memory without any apparent backlash. There were other cases he could recall, however, where many had not recovered or those who had, still could not remember a lot of things; some of those things even being quite important, like a parent or spouse's name.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Imbris," His voice is deceivingly deep for his somewhat feminine appearance, although that had proved entertaining on more than one occasion, " but I am afraid that I cannot tell you where you are, for it is not knowledge that I am aware of either. " He dips his head slightly in apology, "I am Khaa, and that little one over there, is Sati. We, too, have only recently arrived here through one of these portals."

"Khaa! Icughtet...." Sati's muffled voice calls out as she prances back over to them, a fish in her mouth, and she looks very proud of herself. The stallion raises an eyebrow as he looks down at her, and at the fish, noticing how unusual it looks; it is not like any fish he had ever seen, with its bright blue and purple markings.

What a strange place.

He looks back at Imbris for a moment, then glances out at the world beyond the sand, "Care to accompany us, miss Imbris? It may be safer to travel together." He offers genuinely.

@Imbris
Nomad
Copper level
30 years
Mare

4 Posts

don't trust the moon—

The feline rests beside Imbris and the gilded stallion only briefly before her brilliant turquoise eyes narrow on movement beneath the crystalline surface of the tideless sea. The blue woman grins at how swiftly the caracal enters predator mode, watching the young cat with amusement until the tined stallion with his golden markings speaks again, drawing her attention back to his handsomely regal face.

"The pleasure is mine," she responds in kind, her earlier smirk still twisting the corners of her mouth upward. Shifting her weight in the warm sand and flicking her ears in the stallion's direction as he continues to speak, Imbris can't say that she's surprised that he is also in the dark - it would seem that there is some exploring to be done. She wonders if it will all be as beautiful as this beach and this sunset which gathers pastels in the sky and casts warm orange over the sea and sand. Khaa, he introduces himself, and the cerulean woman likes the way it sounds.

Sati rejoins their conversation with a mouthful of vibrant fish, drawing Imbris' glowing emerald eyes back to the beige feline. With light laughter, she watches Sati's antics for another moment and wonders where Khaa had found such a companion. The idea of a familiar does not seem foreign to the sapphire mare but she still can't recall if a speaking feline companion was completely out of the realm of possibilities outside of this strange world.

"Ah — sorry, I was lost in my own world for a moment there," she says to Khaa, realizing she has allowed their conversation to lapse after his polite offer for her to join them, "I would be honored to accompany you and Sati."

With fluttering ears and a flicking perpetually-damp tail, Imbris turns her gaze away from the beach and to whatever lay behind them, already ready for adventure. "Where to, sir Khaa?"

Imbris
—she's always changing

[@Khaa ♥]
Hylan
Gold level
50 years
Stallion

5 Posts

Hylan
Khaa Se-isi Bakari
Priest of Ma'at

"No need to apologise." He states softly, simply, giving a subtle hint of a smile as she then agrees to join them. Sati has now consumed her fish, and waits with a surprising amount of patience by the stallion's front legs, but it is still evident that she is eager to get moving. His ruby eyes drop down to her and he gives a little nod; within seconds, she dashes off ahead of them. She seems to head slightly to the right of whatever lay directly ahead of them, but turns her nose in disgust.

Khaa does little more than raise an eyebrow at the reaction, but as he walks alongside Imbris following Sati's lead, he catches on to why she had wrinkled her nose.

"A swamp. Interesting..." It's not exactly an unpleasant smell like he had learnt that some swamps smelt like, but obviously to the young feline's sensitive nose it wasn't exactly smelling like roses. Khaa himself would be happy to settle anywhere that was hot and dry, but where that exactly would be in this strange new world he knew not, and the only way to find out was to go exploring. Perhaps something of interest may be found in the swamp or lay beyond it.

Needless to say, it was going to take some time to find out just how big this new place was, and how friendly the natives (if they did encounter any) were. As they approached the change of scenery, with sand melting into grasses before turning into the edges of the swamp, it was clear to see that whatever this place was, wasn't any ordinary place. He couldn't ever remember seeing leaves whose undersides glowed. But he says nothing as Sati decides that she's had enough of playing the leader, and instead leaps up onto the stallion's back; given his height, hopefully, she wouldn't get sucked into the strange waters or get eaten by some lurking thing.

@Imbris || this is terrible and i apologise. we can move them if you like or if you've got any ideas, go for it. ♥