Home Guidebook Members Market Map Login Register
OOC News IC News
28/01/2019 - With a new theme and new colours, Starwave will soon be running leadership searches for the three clans. We also have worked out a few little bugs too. The joining incentive is going to run from now until the end of February, so instead of bringing one character to copper level, you can still bring two, and their companion as well! You are welcome to break this up as well. So, come join us, and let's see what goes on! With more people, hopefully, we intend to run events and make the site more PvE. Clan leadership will be opened soon too, hopefully!

26/11/2018 - Starwave is ready to go! There are still pieces to flatten, to make better, but its time to open and see how it all goes. Tis exciting to do so! Please feel free to advertise, tell people, etc and let's go. Once a few have joined, the first event will happen which is going to be finding clan leaders! Subforums in those areas are open for claiming too if you'd like them! Excited! Let's have some fun!

23/11/2018 - Much is done! Lands, guidebook is finished, profiles (save for the --> I can't work out what displaying that its driving me insane!) But I'm happy with everything and the progess of whats happening. I have some subforums to add to the clan lands, and then it will be almost ready to go for an opening and a beginning. There will be a SWP very early after opening too!

11/11/2018 - Starwave is underway. This is the first OOC news entry!

28/01/2019 - Starwave has seen quite a few new arrivals, and the clans are stirring. More arrive every day - and some of the Inherent and skeptical, some welcoming and others flat out angry and upset. However, they are accepting and soon, they will be seeking clan leaders - who will they be?

26/11/2018 - The time has come. Starwave's portals are open; the world is pulling newcomers to the shores. What will happen now?

Open it's been a long time
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
This world weighed heavy on his shoulders. Since his arrival in the Tideless Shore, Nylah had been whisked away by a fellow from the clan known as the Onyx, before he’d had a chance to settle himself and get his bearings. At his side was his ever faithful Kalina, who also felt out of place and out of balance, staggering a little as she walked at his side. The pair had been disoriented, but in coming to the clan’s dominion in the valley, walking along the shores of the River and viewing the great spectacle of their heart, the huge temple, Nylah had begun to feel a sense that this was where he should be.

Yet his heart ached and he missed his Willow, and he hoped soon he’d look upon her face. He wasn’t aware yet he was on another world, far, far from home, and he wasn’t even aware of how wildly different this place was to his former home and former life. He had been an Emperor for so long, wandering without purpose had been peculiar.

Here, he found purpose once more. He had found the Lodge, in a state of minor disrepair, and he had laid his claim upon it. It would be his and theirs, when they came, and Nylah knew it was only a matter of time before she showed up.

With Kalina at his side, he stood on the edge of the river, outside the Lodge. Feeling free of the weight of leadership was still something that he was adjusting to, after having been it for so long but the freedom was welcome.

And Nylah sighed, tilting his head back.

New world. New things.

One step at a time.

Onyx
Copper level
42 years
Male

4 Posts

Onyx
I beg you he is all that I have
so let him be soft & let him be mine

For once, this specific Inherent could actually be found within the Valley.  The burly man was content with remaining within the boundaries for once and felt little need to wander out where the mechanical and living co-existed as one.

Elida had gone off on their own.  The raven had given a robotic cry before lifting themselves into the air to do as they pleased.  Abidan hardly minded, he knew the artificial bird would return sooner or later, their bond was strong after all.

Blue eyes looked ahead as he made his way towards the Lodge that he knew the one named Nylah had claimed.  The feathered equine was an oddity, but the Onyx had welcomed him well enough.  Abidan would never openly admit it (although perhaps he would if asked) but he found the brightly colored, feathered man interesting.  Those like Nylah were non-existent before the portals of the Shore began to open.  This was not his only reason for making his way there of course, Abidan also wanted to see if the feathered equine was well.  He was genuinely curious and a little worried the other may feel... isolated.

Short mane bobbing as he walked, the Lodge came into sight and a warm, kind smile formed on Abidan's lips as he spotted the equine in question standing before the running river near the Lodge.  The man's living, breathing companion near his side like a silent guard.

Abidan gave out a nicker in greeting. "Hello my friend." He calls out, bringing himself closer to the other but stopping his approach once at an acceptable distance from the other.  "I hope I'm not intruding."  He speaks nicely, a little chuckle escaping him. "But I wanted to see how you were faring."  He explains easily, ears forward and mouth still titled up in a smile.

@Nylah

Onyx
Copper level
45 years
Stallion

13 Posts

Onyx
Suledin dar'Harellan
Sometimes to achieve the world one desires, one must take regrettable measures.
It had taken almost no time at all for Asala to pick up a fresh scent upon the beach that they had arrived on, one that she knew was familiar, and that Suledin would wish to seek out. Whilst he had been hesitant to leave his family so quickly, he knew that Ellie would keep them protected and would be able to follow his scent once Milly was able to wrangle their exceptionally hyperactive daughter. The moment they'd all come through, Adahlen had shot off down the beach with the eagerness to explore; something that, once upon a time, Suledin would have done as well.

And so Suledin followed his beloved companion through the strange new lands ahead, weaving through sand dunes and grasses, cutting through a corner of a swamp and a large expanse of the strangest blue and purple grasses he'd ever seen. It was evident in the hurried step that he wished to get to their destination as quickly as possible, for after Asala had mentioned Nylah, he was filled with even greater curiosity. How had his teal feathered friend got here - obviously through the portals, but how had it appeared for him on the other side? Was his family with him? It had felt like years that he had last seen the son of Minas, and was eager to ensure he was still in good health.

"Not far... His scent is stronger in these parts." Asala informs quietly as she jogs through the trees, Suledin on her tail as she led the way through the strange land. Never once did he focus on the path ahead - he let Asala focus and guide him instead. This allowed for his constant surveying of the surrounding areas, and he could feel his very skin tingle and hairs stand on end in the sheer joy of knowing that he had never encountered such a place as this, and the thoughts of what the world may hold were impossibly tantalising.

The pair followed the winding river for some time before Asala stopped dead in her tracks, and Suledin came to stand behind her, a mixed look of amazement and relief etching its way into his features. The river, the lodge, the forest behind it... It was beyond picturesque, and his heart raced in excitement. Now he'd wished that Milly and Adahlen had been on his heels the whole time. But there was someone else already there, speaking out to Nylah, so Suledin gave a subtle nod for Asala to continue to walk slowly and he followed behind, coming into proper view of the lodge at a relaxed and natural pace, a grin gracing his features.

"Don't you find it unusual that you keep running into him, da'len? No matter where you've travelled, he seems to be there too."

"It is a little odd, true, but there is nothing nefarious to worry about." Suledin dismisses her worries with soft words, having thought about it many a time before. He'd first met Nylah when they'd lived in Oblivion - although, he'd met his father, Minas, first. Then by some strange coincidence, they had met briefly in Liridon; it wasn't until he'd been following Elgara's trail to Caeleste that he'd also found the teal boy there as well. It certainly felt like it could be more than a coincidence, but at the time he'd thought too much into it and simply given himself one heck of a migraine.

"I know... But it's still unsettling."

Speaks, Thinks & Sounds Like | Asala Speaks & Sounds Like

@Nylah @Abidan | ♥
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
It felt good to have somewhere to call his own again, their own – a place for Willow and himself and his family, wondering when it would be that they would join him. It would happen he knew, and for the time being he busied himself so he did not think about the separation between them. He’d not heard she’d arrived yet, and so it was he who did not allow himself to have a fear in his mind as much as he couldn’t.

Coming for the drink had been a good way to settle himself. The breeze that ran through the valley gently buffeted his feathering, bringing with it the scent of a figure of the Onyx, one named Abidan, drifting towards him. Kalina looked up before he did, her bright eyes fixing upon the other as the wolf moved silently up beside Nylah to sit facing him.

“Hello there,” says the wolf, not knowing if the other understood or not. Nylah had turned as well, still aware that here his wolf was something of a miracle, a marvel, and after running into those prey and predator machines, he understood quite clearly.

“Well met, Abidan,” he says by way of greeting, nodding his head gently. “It is well. I am repairing some minor issues with the lodge but it is ready and open once more to those who wish to give patronage. It is good to have something to do again too,” he admits, laughing lightly. He hadn’t told any other here about his past, not yet – here he was just Nylah, feathered son of Minas and Kin, making a home for himself.

Kalina tilted her head as scent she knew and recognise flooded her nostrils. Nylah in turn felt this and turned his head, yellow eyes slipping from Abidan to look over to see Suledin there, walking with Asala with him, and Nylah smiled.

“Suledin, come!” He beckoned. His eyes shone as he waited for the unicorn and his companion to come, while Nylah looked back to Abidan. “Abidan, this is Suledin. Suledin, Abidan. He has known me since I was ah… very little,” he says with that same smile, looking between the pair – it was good to see a face he knew, amid all this strangeness of Starwave.

@Abidan & @Suledin - I need to find out why tags aren't sending pms D: