Home Guidebook Members Market Map Login Register
OOC News IC News
28/01/2019 - With a new theme and new colours, Starwave will soon be running leadership searches for the three clans. We also have worked out a few little bugs too. The joining incentive is going to run from now until the end of February, so instead of bringing one character to copper level, you can still bring two, and their companion as well! You are welcome to break this up as well. So, come join us, and let's see what goes on! With more people, hopefully, we intend to run events and make the site more PvE. Clan leadership will be opened soon too, hopefully!

26/11/2018 - Starwave is ready to go! There are still pieces to flatten, to make better, but its time to open and see how it all goes. Tis exciting to do so! Please feel free to advertise, tell people, etc and let's go. Once a few have joined, the first event will happen which is going to be finding clan leaders! Subforums in those areas are open for claiming too if you'd like them! Excited! Let's have some fun!

23/11/2018 - Much is done! Lands, guidebook is finished, profiles (save for the --> I can't work out what displaying that its driving me insane!) But I'm happy with everything and the progess of whats happening. I have some subforums to add to the clan lands, and then it will be almost ready to go for an opening and a beginning. There will be a SWP very early after opening too!

11/11/2018 - Starwave is underway. This is the first OOC news entry!

28/01/2019 - Starwave has seen quite a few new arrivals, and the clans are stirring. More arrive every day - and some of the Inherent and skeptical, some welcoming and others flat out angry and upset. However, they are accepting and soon, they will be seeking clan leaders - who will they be?

26/11/2018 - The time has come. Starwave's portals are open; the world is pulling newcomers to the shores. What will happen now?

Open that's just the dark side of me
Onyx
N/A level
24 years
Female

7 Posts

Onyx

Each step she takes is tentative, cautious, but not without purpose. The idea that one moment she could be aiding the government of Ikaven, her queen and her king by her side (or her by theirs, as it were), and the next she could be torn from that reality and thrust into another was not a new concept to Valda. She had spent time in a land where the whims of gods and magic were dutifully catered for, and where your life could easily be tuned upside down in the blink of an eye. That wasn't to say that Valda was not put off or distressed by the idea of no longer being in her home.  For once she had felt settled, the flutter of her heart was a sign of contentment and not desperation. She had not longed to flee the confines of her chosen life and escape to a grand adventure beyond the hills of Ikaven. 

The Donieta's had been a cage, a pretty, wild and unruly cage but a cage none the less and Valda had always secretly wanted to escape. Ikaven had been a world of opportunities, a world that Valda had successful navigated. She had thrived there, her potential had not been stifled by the over-bearing presence of her mother. Nor ruled by the gods that played with the mortals like children with toys. But this place?

It was unlike anything she had seen before.

She can vaguely recall the portal that had opened on Ikaven's outskirts, the panicked look of the young citizens that had told them, the look in her queen's eyes as Valda was ordered to go investigate. But she could not remember how she had gotten from standing outside the portal to being whisked through. One moment she had stood with cobbled streets beneath her hooves and the next she was on a beach. A beach with a vast ocean of stars above her head and a moon that shone brighter than anything she had seen before. It is, seemingly a beach unlike any other, but even in the dark its waters are rich and deep, inviting. The sand glitters in the moonlight and Valda can taste sweetness in the air.

Any anger, or perhaps annoyance she may have felt from being displaced from her home is temporarily forgotten as she turns her head from the sea and instead looks across the great expanse of land behind her. She cannot help the feeling of excitement that bubbled deep down inside her gut, unsettled, like butterflies, threatening to bubble up and overwhelm. But Valda is older now, and perhaps a little wiser, and knows that the great beyond is not only exciting and new, it could also be dangerous.

. v a l d a .
some nights I can't get out of my head
--- that's just the dark side of me...xxxxxx

Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
Walking in this world was still unlike nothing he’d ever seen. Everytime he made the journey, there was something else he hadn’t seen. And today, he stood nestled in the edge of the Tideless Shore and watched as a machine, so like a crocodile from his old home, may its way down the shoreline and slid into the ocean with a metallic sound that was far too similar to the real sound. He shivered a little, but he had remained out of sight – and he was alone, Kalina his white wolf was at home. And just as he was creeping out from behind the slab of metal, buried in the sand with turrets pointing to the horizon, his eyes saw the light that meant a portal that sat buried in the shallow tide of still, barely moving seawater, a stranger had come.

And this was no stranger. His head popped up higher, yellow eyes bright and widened as he looked upon the figure. And he knew her instantly, a friend from long ago who came up the shore and looked out towards the colourful and magnanimous but terrifying land that was Starwave.

And he was glad he was there, and not one of the Inherent. He held nothing against them, especially not those who’d helped him for so long but nothing made him more glad to come down to meet an old friend. He slowly walked the line of the water, the glittering jewel against the sand and the teal of the water, and the shining metal that lay scattered here and there.

With his crest high, Nylah stepped proudly towards her.

“Valda!” he called out as he approached, giving a little flick of his head in a happy way, his tail trailing behind him as he came closer. And yet, he cannot help but ask her, “Is it really you?”

@Valda <333

Onyx
N/A level
24 years
Female

7 Posts

Onyx

There are familiar faces everywhere

That is the thing she finds most fascinating about this life, one could travel to the furthers reaches of the world - through a portal in time, space and reality - and still find people from their past. Faces once lost to them, paths they might have once trod now in front of their hooves once more. Friends once made, now able to be remade. She would always look back on this moment and be thankful that she meets him again.

Nylah

At first she thinks she is hallucinating, that this strange world of stars and metal is trying to trick her - but why trick her with him. The beautiful blue boy she had met in Liridon. Her face hardens into a frown that is reminiscent of Aine. Why not her king and queen (former, as she would soon learn). Why not her mother. Unless this is no trick at all, just a strange and fortunate twist of fate.

He calls out her name, neck arching, steps high, and smiling. He remembered, and the fact that she had made an impact on someone even if their meeting had been brief makes her happy. "I think I'm really me," she replies, exhaling a laugh and reaching forward, pressing delicate dark lips against the base of his neck. He is real, solid, she can feel the warmth beneath his skin - not a machine.

There is relief in her smile

"Nylah," it has been so long. They were different from the young boy and girl that had met on that beach, all those years ago. He had become a leader, a father (she does not know it yet, but finding out would make her heart soar). And she had left the shadow of her mothers prejudice. "What is it with us and meeting on beaches?" she laughs.

. v a l d a .

@Nylah
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
It was such a long time ago to him, and now, with all that had happened in his life. Not only had he ventured from Liridon to Caeleste, so much had changed. The spring, the winter, his finding Willow and becoming linked to her, leading for a long wonderful peaceful time until she had come and broken him, all for the sake of her own pride and her desire but Nylah had been freed from the shackles of his kingdom, and with it he and Willow had left. He had not seen his daughter Ciaran since that day, and he was concerned for her.

He remembered Valda so clearly. The first face he’d met and known, one to call friend, outside of the world he had been born into. He had been so young then, full of a brilliant optimism and a yearning for adventure and life. Now, he had come to her cheerfully but there was a quiet manner about him, an air of practiced precision in speaking and being around others. He could not help but smile though, laughing gently with her.

“I have always found that for some reason, it is on the shoreline that life likes to bring new twists. For instance, it was on the shoreline that my third daughter was born, and it was where I was when the world changed many years before that time. The ocean is…. Interesting,” he says, as he looked around to the water that barely moved, the waves small and tiny. The water here barely drew out into the sea, the tides long broken as part of the shattered satellite in orbit, and the changed from the impact of the behemoth that had fallen from the sky.

So he’d read. All the more interesting for him, was the scattered, broken machines all around and the rusting, ancient debris of the metal world.

“I know this is a strange place… but the rest of Starwave is not nearly as inhospitable. Well, not all places… I hope that you aren’t here like some, dragged against their will,” he says.

“How have you been?” he asks her, cocking his head a little as his yellow eyes shift back to her.

@Valda <333

Onyx
N/A level
24 years
Female

7 Posts

Onyx

There is such wisdom in his words, laced into the way he speaks. Even without knowing what he had gone through since they had last met she could have guessed that he had been molded by his leadership. learnt how to talk because of the position he had once held. There is a calmness in him that she finds reassuring.

"That is a good way to think of it, beaches are new beginnings. Each wave washes away the imprint of the one before, carrying off the old and leaving new sand in its wake," she muses with a nod of her head. Sharp eyes, which had briefly fluttered from his face to glance out over the water, now return with renewed sharpness, along with a twist of her lips. A smirk, playful, teasing. "A daughter? Three daughters, sorry. Congratulations, you have been a busy boy." And yet she is not at all surprised.

Starwave, yes she could see why - her eyes drift to the planet in the sky, but she does not ask about it. Nylah must know more than she does (obviously, since she had only just arrived) but he is no native here - his knowledge of this place must be finite, and she has more important things to ask first.

Dragged against her free will, Valda laughs. In a way yes. If she had been given the choice to stay at her monarch's side or come and explore something new she would have chosen to remain, no matter how many times she had been offered the opportunity. She had loved Ikaven. But this Starwave and all its potential was like an uncracked egg, delicate and waiting to be broken, adventures and golden surprises lay inside, and Valda is ever curious. She did not get that from Aine - it is from her father.

"I was, but I am not entirely mad about being here." Maybe she should be worried, that she is so willing to let go of the people that she had come to care about, drop them so easily for the thrill of something new. "I have been good, settled. I found somewhere that suited me, and it was not back in Liridon," her lips twist, fondly and not-so fondly. "What about you? Life has been good to you, I hope?"

. v a l d a .

@Nylah
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
Nylah stood there, internally pinching himself just in case the moment wasn’t real and it was a vivid hallucination but he could feel the gentle wind, tainted by the salt and metal, the smell of rust and decay on it, and he could feel the sand beneath him. Not only that, there was the strange energy around him and hers was there, and he knew this was not a figment – she was truly there and the last remaining hesitation about him potentially going mad vanished, and Nylah relaxed in place.

Maybe even visibly, but it was only a shifting of his hind legs as one cocked up and the tip of his hoof rested upon the sand beneath him.

And he chuckled. “Aye, the first two were twins though, so I suppose that only counts as one?” he suggests lightly, wondering if that would even work or not. He was keen to know, and more so about her experiences. She was as strong and stoic as he remembered, the figure who had been there for him when he had felt insecure and alone on the beach of Liridon.

He wondered then if she had been pulled in to the portal that had opened, where as he had fought for a time but only when he had told Willow to follow had he relinquished his hold on the world he’d come from. He had been alone for a time, only with the Onyx clan. He heard her short tale though, and he bowed his head.

“I hope it was a peaceful, pleasant existence,” he said, meaning every little word of it. He then looked around him, wondering for a moment where to begin but he’d keep it as short we he was able to. So much, in such a long time, lead to a strange set of circumstances.

“For the most part, it was and is,” he says. “Leaving Liridon I wound up in Caeleste and became an Emperor, my goal that had been since leaving Oblivion. Only, everything went wrong and I wound up leaving one kingdom for another that had been abandoned, and I remained there as Emperor of the Winter, with my beloved one Willow, who I met prior to going to the kingdom of the winter. I ruled there for a long time and was dethroned by a woman of violence, purely because she wanted to see if she could beat me,” he said, and it seems although the words were a shrug. “She freed me though, and Willow and I with our youngest daughter left Caeleste and… we wound up here. I live in the Onyx clan, in the Mirror Falls valley. This world is called Starwave,” he says, as he turned on a heel and stepped backwards, gesturing to the world out before them.

“And I know that is a lot to digest but… I tried to sum it all up, as best I could!” he says sheepishly, as he gave her a sympathetic smile to the fact he knew he’d talked for a fair bit just now… long stories made short still seemed to be long with him.

@Valda

Onyx
N/A level
24 years
Female

7 Posts

Onyx

"Try suggesting that to the poor woman that gave birth to them!"   Valda jokes, although not having gone through childbirth herself she has no idea.

Peaceful and pleasant, was working within a kingdom ever truly like that? Even for her mother things had never been peaceful or pleasant. Sometimes Valda wonders if they are meant to exist that way - the bonds of family were never truly there when the ambitious and greedy get placed in positions of power. She'd be preaching to the choir if she were to voice this opinion, little did she know that Nylah understood that better than anybody. Friendship, true bonds, those don't often occur alongside true power.

"Peaceful? No, but it was exciting. I did enjoy it. I was advisor to the king in a place called Ikaven. " Advisor to the king but placed there by the queen. She wonders if they have noticed her absence already, she wonders how long it would take to replace her. She hopes they wouldn't - not for a while. It hurts her heart to think of her fiery Ikaven queen  replacing her so easily (the king was fickle - and stupid - he would replace her with the next pretty thing to flutter her eyelashes at him).

She listens to his story intently - Nylah had been busy. A partner, daughters, a kingdom. A kingdom taken from him in a manner most cruel, but Valda cannot help the small part of her that wonders. If someone could take akingdom from him, even when their reasons were silly, then shouldn't it be a good thing. The strong prevail - the weak step aside. Aine had taught her that. Aine and her fierce stubbornness. There was a reason the Iron Queen had ruled the desert for so long, her physical strength and the strength of her determination. But Valda does not think that Nylah lost because he was not strong enough.

Having a family had changed his life, and Valda thinks that he probably found his partner and daughters far more important than his kingdom. A guess, but he seemed the type. A family man, fiercely protective of the ones he loved. "No need to apologise, It sounds like you have lived quite a life Nylah. I am not surprised you were emperor, you certainly have the crown for it," her eyes drift up his plumage as she teases him, brow quirking above golden eyes.

She is silent for a moment, lips twisted thoughtfully, before turning her gaze back towards the portal she had come through, out to the ocean. There is a moment where her heart aches, hesitation grips her, and then it is passed.  "I don't suppose going home is possible," she muses, but how was he to know - it sounded like Nylah did not want to return, his home was with his family. "would you take me to Mirror Falls. I'd like to meet your Willow, and your daughters."  

. v a l d a .

@Nylah
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Male
Caretaker

16 Posts

Onyx
nylah
the remarkable son
With a foot in his mouth, Nylah opted instead to say nothing more but give a bit of laughter, and be glad Willow was not here to have heard him. He did not know what it was to experience birth, and he knew even the pain he’d felt from the dragon was nothing compared to it. He still had those scars, barely hidden by the feathers down his back and across his sides, where the beast had gouged a hole out of him with her long claws as he had been defending his daughter from the onslaught of the creature.

It was simply the way it was though, and Nylah bore the marks without a second thought. They were part of his story, as were all the other little scraps and scars from life. Those given to him by she who had taken the winter from him were hidden beneath his abdomen, out of sight and out of mind, even for himself.

He listened on, and wondered what it had been like to experience to life of another kingdom, far from everything he’d ever known. “To enjoy it is good, regardless of what the outcome was. Though, I can say I prefer peace and quiet, especially now,” he admitted easily, thinking of the little place hidden in the valley beyond, tucked in the deep heart of Starwave.

“A crown I am glad to no longer have to carry though, with such a weight,” he says to her with a little sad smile. It was all in the past now though, and it was with that little flourish of the feathers adorning his head that Nylah stepped sideways, turning towards the open land.

And he bows his head, smiling. “I was going to ask if you’d accompany me. Suledin, my friend of many places, and his family have come as well. I will show you the way,” he says with a flick of his tail, as he turns on the spot.

Just on the edge of the shore though, Nylah stops and waits for a moment. He crowds behind the same metal plate, buried in sand, and warns Valda behind him with a look to come in closer to him as well. Beyond them, walking along the edge of the sand and the rolling grasslands beyond, prowled a beast of metal and fire. It walked upon two legs and towered over them both, a large canister of bright green sloshing away behind him. Nylah is silent as he watches the metal creature walking a patrol line and when it was far enough away, he stepped out from his hidden place.

“Come, it will not be back for some time. It is quite the distance to my home, in the heart of the Onyx kingdom,” he informs her, as he then picks up a steady but brisk pace, ready to leave the patrolled lands behind him.

@Valda