Home Guidebook Members Market Map Login Register
OOC News IC News
28/01/2019 - With a new theme and new colours, Starwave will soon be running leadership searches for the three clans. We also have worked out a few little bugs too. The joining incentive is going to run from now until the end of February, so instead of bringing one character to copper level, you can still bring two, and their companion as well! You are welcome to break this up as well. So, come join us, and let's see what goes on! With more people, hopefully, we intend to run events and make the site more PvE. Clan leadership will be opened soon too, hopefully!

26/11/2018 - Starwave is ready to go! There are still pieces to flatten, to make better, but its time to open and see how it all goes. Tis exciting to do so! Please feel free to advertise, tell people, etc and let's go. Once a few have joined, the first event will happen which is going to be finding clan leaders! Subforums in those areas are open for claiming too if you'd like them! Excited! Let's have some fun!

23/11/2018 - Much is done! Lands, guidebook is finished, profiles (save for the --> I can't work out what displaying that its driving me insane!) But I'm happy with everything and the progess of whats happening. I have some subforums to add to the clan lands, and then it will be almost ready to go for an opening and a beginning. There will be a SWP very early after opening too!

11/11/2018 - Starwave is underway. This is the first OOC news entry!

28/01/2019 - Starwave has seen quite a few new arrivals, and the clans are stirring. More arrive every day - and some of the Inherent and skeptical, some welcoming and others flat out angry and upset. However, they are accepting and soon, they will be seeking clan leaders - who will they be?

26/11/2018 - The time has come. Starwave's portals are open; the world is pulling newcomers to the shores. What will happen now?

Private here we are
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Mare

8 Posts

Onyx

Sun clung to the clear skies, but soon the bright light would sink down on the horizon. Leaving the landscape shrouded in tinges of silver from the near-white glow from the moon hanging in the sky. Though it wouldn’t just be the moon that wandered in the sky, no, instead another planet clung easily seen from our footing on the ground here in this place that still had no name. Or at least one that I had come across, meeting no natives thus far into my own wanderings. It was an otherworldly feeling that clung to my bones as I finished the last preparations for Suledin. It had been, by all accounts, far too long since we have had a night to ourselves especially one that mattered as much as this day that drifted across my mind. Many would have wondered what such occasion demanded the attention I’d brought to it, but that would be something to be revealed to Suledin’s own kind eyes.

I began to search for the magic that swirled down into the core of my existence. Wanting, willing, flora to bloom all around this particular area. Focusing on my own breathing careful to not overextend myself in such a situation. I could feel the warmth of the magic flowing out from my limbs down into the ground hearing the soft thuds of buds beginning to bloom. Closing olive colored eyes I focused my mind to the picture that played through the beautiful trees that had intertwined themselves on the day love had been confessed. It seemed like decades ago, but the memory still hung clearly in my mind. A memory I would not soon, ever, forget.

I remembered the colors of the hidden garden the many different scents that rolled through my lungs as I wandered through. Taking care to water them as I had gone; the sheer beauty of the place that not many had ever known about and no doubt in my mind was now left in ruin if it wasn’t for the tender spirits that carefully cared for such a place. So far was I lost in my thoughts, the memories, of the place I had once called my home to realize my slender limbs had begun to tremble. I could feel the muscles under my skin protest against the draining of magic attempting to keep my limbs ground only for the knees to collapse. Landing in a huff to open olive eyes to look, to see, what creations I had brought into this world.

I could feel the air catching within my throat, seeing how the landscape had changed. It was no longer the dingy forest I had wandered into. Instead two tall willow trees entwined themselves their branches reaching for the other to embrace. Cranium turned ever so slightly to see many of the trees that had once claimed this meadow for themselves had vanished and in their place many small bushes and clusters of flora were found in their places. Colors that I had remembered from that night a collection of poppies, daisies, lillys, and several medial herbs sprouted all around. I wondered if I had done enough? Would he be surprised to see such a thing recreated here in this otherworld? I was unsure, but I had plans at least. Something that worked in my mind, something I so desperately wanted to share with him.

"Talk."
Room for a quote here
blah blah blah wee woo
milly mae

@Suledin
Onyx
Copper level
45 years
Stallion

13 Posts

Onyx
Suledin
I have run through the fields of pain and sighs; I have fought to see the other side.
Suledin had barely sat still since their arrival on Starwave. Far too many uneasy emotions were coursing through him; excitement and wonder at being somewhere so strange and new that had only known local life for who-knows how long; but the uncertainty and, dare he admit it, terror, at never being able to return t the place he had so long ago called home. Despite the fact it lay in ruin, long lost to time and taken back by nature and spirit, Suledin still longed to show Milly - and now, their daughter, too - the place from which he had come.

Even if it hurt.

Asala had been doing all she could to help keep him calm, or at least, focused if nothing else. He had ventured back through the strange machine-covered world to the beach they had arrived on, wishing to further his understanding of the alien portals so, perhaps, he could someday understand and possibly reverse its magic. In knowing that Nylah and his family were here as well, he had no doubt that others would soon show up on these distant shores, confused and uncertain, wishing to go back to the places they knew as home.

It was close to sunset when he realised that he had wandered off the path he had taken to return back to the lodge, and instead was amongst a forest of what seemed to be some type of Aspen, with the most vibrant red leaves that no natural season would cause. This was indeed a very strange place, and it was slowly driving him mad at how ferociously his desire for exploration and desperation to find a way home fought within him.

But if there was one thing in the world that, no matter how he was feeling, could bring the sweetest of smiles to his lips and instantly ease some of the weight upon his heart, it was seeing Milly. But this time there was something different. Something more. He stood still and silent for a moment, taking in the scene before him, admiring in awe at how beautiful everything looked. His smile grew as his teal gaze finished scanning the flora and landed upon the woman.

"Ar lath ma, vhenan." He croons softly, taking slow steps towards her and being mindful not to step on any of the perfect flowers he could only assume she had created. This was just that little bit too out of place for such a forest, but that's what made it all the more special. As he comes within a few feet, he reaches out to her, noses touching lightly, then cheeks, then necks. As he hugs her gently, he can't help but give a light playful nibble at the base of her mane just a little above her withers.

I am the one who can recount what we've lost; I am the one who will live on.

@Milly Mae | ♥
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Mare

8 Posts

Onyx
I hadn’t quite felt at peace as I would have expected in such a place. One would have expected a forest to be a home to one such as I had been, but to be honest the crimson sea of leaves set me off balance. Never had I seen such a sight to behold unless it was the late summers in other lands where the leaves had begun to change such shades. Though here, it seemed, these treetops were forever dipped in the deep reds. It was beautiful, but something just hadn't’t felt quite right. Perhaps I had been the only one?

Lids closed halfway over olive eyes as I thought. The day Suledin and I had become bonded how beautiful he was able to make the garden back in that time. I could only hope that I had done the same to at least some extent. My mind continued to work until the soft footfalls of another could be heard. Slow, but purposeful while I couldn’t help a chill to roll down my spine turning my cranium to see Suledin’s own teal gaze holding nothing but love. There had been so much that had happened these last few months I had nearly forgotten such a look could be placed on his features. I reached out meeting him part way his own dark muzzle brushing against my own, the tender touch resulting in shudders down my spine.

I tried to speak, but for once in some time the words were caught in my throat. Instead only a hot breath escaped sounding much more like a sigh than I had intended. The thoughts still rolled through plaguing my mind making me wonder if I hadn’t done enough if I didn’t have as much power as I had gained back on the isles of Caeleste. Gently I pressed my forehead against the sturdy chest of Suledin allowing the moment, for however long it lasted, to linger for a while longer. Breathing in his earthy scent mixed with the sweet flowers closing my olive eyes and listening to his heart thudding, the ocean of leaves around us as the breeze found its way through.

Letting the thoughts slowly dwindle down until my mind was clear; I finally moved lifting my antlered cranium bracing myself to stand on weak knees. While my cloven hooves found their footfalls careful not to bust Suledin in the nose as I stood brushing my own velvety lips across his shoulder finally coming to a rest as a hug. "Suledin…" I mumbled the words still trying to keep themselves from being spoken. Was I afraid?

Perhaps.

"Talk."
Room for a quote here
blah blah blah wee woo
milly mae

@Suledin
Onyx
Copper level
45 years
Stallion

13 Posts

Onyx
Suledin dar'Harellan
In uthenera na revas...

Time spent with Milly, or indeed, his family in general, always felt like it moved so much more slowly than the rest of the world. Pehaps it did. Perhaps it didn't.

It's almost like he can hear everything; their breathing, their heartbeats, the quiet rustling of the leaves although it seemed to sound more distant as he focused on the woman before him, eyes closing in peace for a few long moments. And then her voice, mumbling his name, causes an ear to twitch around.

"Hm?" He slowly pulls back from the embrace and gives her cheek a gentle nuzzle, "Is something bothering you, vhenan?"

His eyes are soft and gentle, although there is a subtle mix of concern as well, the look seems to emphasise how old his soul really is. But he gives a small smile and begins to gently nibble at Milly's jawline playfully, hoping to elicit what is on her mind, or at least a smile or giggle if nothing else. He knows he cannot put into words how she makes him feel, how lucky he is to have met her, even if some things still deeply terrify him.

Being trapped in this strange alien world still both excites and terrifies him, but the fear he feels is only due to the lack of any known way to return home; once he can devise a way to reverse engineer the portals, if at all possible, then that will alleviate the paranoia gnawing constantly at the back of his mind.

But he keeps the lid on those feelings and concerns the best he can, not wanting to let his fears worry his family, which would benefit no one.

Cry for the past - it shall claim us all. For here rest our saviors newly slain.
Others lie beyond our reach; so we remember.
Speaks, Thinks & Sounds Like | Asala Speaks & Sounds Like

@Milly Mae ♥
Onyx
Copper level
30 years
Mare

8 Posts

Onyx
Uncertainty. It was a strange feeling, one that I wouldn’t have wished on anyone. It began to conflict everything that I had thought stable. A place to call home in this alien world surrounded by things I needed to learn all over again. I took a deep breath more to steady myself than anything else as I turned my olive eyes to look up toward the patch painted man. Still the words were caught in my throat just the gentle touch of his maw brought some sort of peace to my worried mind.

The once uncertain gaze turned soft releasing the worries into the wind, pressing them further down. Today was not the day for troubled minds, instead it was something to be celebrated. Suledins gentle touch remained, but turned to nipping at my jaw. Swiftly I ducked my antlered cranium under his own head, pressing velvety kissers against his shoulder gradually leaving a trail of kisses to his withers. ”I know no one really knows…” I began in gentle tunes that slowly faded in between kisses.

I laid my chin on his withers letting the thought sink in, breathing in his earthy scent. ”Happy birthday, Suledin.” I finally whispered unsure how he would receive such an announcement when really no one had known when exactly it was. Even the spirit wolf hadn’t been sure but her response still brought a smile to my velvety lips.

Though a part of me truly did wonder when it would have been, though even mind had been lost somewhere through the years. I suppose it was something not regularly tracked, but I suppose that was for the best. Why did I decide to plan this? Something a bit different not that I really needed a reason. Brushing the thoughts from my mind I took a step back releasing Suledin from the embrace only to look at his wonderfully teal eyes searching for something. After all the eyes were a window to the soul, were they not?

"Talk."
Room for a quote here
blah blah blah wee woo
milly mae

@Suledin
Onyx
Copper level
45 years
Stallion

13 Posts

Onyx
Suledin dar'Harellan

He stands still as she teases his skin, unsure of what has gotten into her or what she may have planned. It did worry him at how uncertain she had seemed moments ago, but she brushed it off... He can't help but wonder why, even as her kisses move up his shoulder intill she stops at his withers and rests, her voice quiet.

What does no one really know?

He can't help but wonder what she's getting at, but he doesn't seem to have to wait very long before she continues, announcing exactly what it is that no one really knows, and he understands why she said it that way. That, however, doesn't stop him from being caught off-guard by it.

He just seems to stand there, a little surprised, a little dumbfounded, for far longer than what is probably appropriate.

"I... " It is incredibly rare for Suledin to be caught so off-guard by something that he actually becomes speechless, and all he can do is stare at her as she pulls away, searching his face. It is only then that he realises he may be coming off as rude, or at least objecting her kindness, and so a gentle loving smile returns to his lips and he reaches out to her nose, bumping it gently.

"Ma serannas, ma'vhenan." He whispers, stepping closer to her so he can embrace her again, his touch gentle and sweet as he tries to reassure her that he appreciates the thought, that he isn't upset or angry, "Is that why you did all of this?" He motions around the forest, feeling his chest swell just that little more with love than it already had.

It made sense now, why she had been so uncertain.

Lath sulevin lath araval ena arla ven tu vir mahvir,
melana 'nehn enasal ir sa lethalin.'
Suledin Speaks, Thinks, & Sounds LikeAsala Speaks & Sounds Like

@Milly Mae