Home Guidebook Members Market Map Login Register
OOC News IC News
28/01/2019 - With a new theme and new colours, Starwave will soon be running leadership searches for the three clans. We also have worked out a few little bugs too. The joining incentive is going to run from now until the end of February, so instead of bringing one character to copper level, you can still bring two, and their companion as well! You are welcome to break this up as well. So, come join us, and let's see what goes on! With more people, hopefully, we intend to run events and make the site more PvE. Clan leadership will be opened soon too, hopefully!

26/11/2018 - Starwave is ready to go! There are still pieces to flatten, to make better, but its time to open and see how it all goes. Tis exciting to do so! Please feel free to advertise, tell people, etc and let's go. Once a few have joined, the first event will happen which is going to be finding clan leaders! Subforums in those areas are open for claiming too if you'd like them! Excited! Let's have some fun!

23/11/2018 - Much is done! Lands, guidebook is finished, profiles (save for the --> I can't work out what displaying that its driving me insane!) But I'm happy with everything and the progess of whats happening. I have some subforums to add to the clan lands, and then it will be almost ready to go for an opening and a beginning. There will be a SWP very early after opening too!

11/11/2018 - Starwave is underway. This is the first OOC news entry!

28/01/2019 - Starwave has seen quite a few new arrivals, and the clans are stirring. More arrive every day - and some of the Inherent and skeptical, some welcoming and others flat out angry and upset. However, they are accepting and soon, they will be seeking clan leaders - who will they be?

26/11/2018 - The time has come. Starwave's portals are open; the world is pulling newcomers to the shores. What will happen now?

Open I want you, to want me
Simulucra
N/A level
16 years
Female
In Training

4 Posts

Simulacrum

In any universe...

She stood silently with her hide slick with sweat as the warm sun beat down. Her sides heaving, Icaret was exhausted from the battle and the laughter of the victor rang out into her ears and forced her mind into the dark recesses to maintain face. Her muscles sore from the mock battle that she had definitively loss from a foe nearly twice her size. The Simulacra growled quietly in frustration while her mouth reaches around to unhinge the breastplate she had adored for the occasion. Little good it did. Her jaws release it near a rock and makes a note to come back for it.

From the tall grasses, scampered up Haddyr who's chitters and coos only sooth the troubled mind so much and she sighs in defeat. "Lost again and laughed at. Maybe being a warrior isn't in the cards." But she had such dreams of glory. Haddyr stays silent but scampers up her neck and nestles between her antler and ear. Icaret simply glances back towards the direct her clansman and his victory went. She had no desire to go home and face her parents. Particularly the disappointed look on her father's face. They were related to the most recent leader and she knew there was some hope that she could make it. 

Black tail whips against her haunches and she bellows out in frustration, throwing her antlered head against the sky before cantering off towards the common lands. When she stops, she finds herself in the Cobalt Steppe. The scents here were still uncorrupted by the portals that seemed to dump only deformed beings. They didn't even bring any decent technology with them--or so the rumors said. Icaret wasn't super curious about them, perhaps too absorbed with her own problems, but it was either this or come home with her tail tucked again. Icaret would rather come home with some sort of adventure to share instead of trying to accept her never ending defeats. Haddyr stayed characteristically quiet, knowing that Icaret needed time before advice was offered. She had watched the fight after all and instead of using her size to any sort of advantage she tried to bully the colt she was against. 

...you are my dark star

N/A
N/A level
years
Guard

5 Posts

Simulacrum
Jorunn

almveigdottir
From the edges of the Steppe she had been watching, approving of the strength of those who fought. She was not one to lord it over those younger, but Jorunn Almveigdottir was no humble little creature. She was adorned in her ceremonial gear, the cloak bright in gold and blues and the shield at her shoulder brilliant gold and filled with blue jewels. It was an heirloom passed to her and one she had earned when she had won her right to be a fighter, a warrior – a shieldmaiden of the Nightstorm Haunt. She had proven she was true Simulacra when she had come of age.

The woman, just recently turned of age not long ago, stepped out into the field and passed the others. She flicked her short tail, walked past them with her head high and her horns shining in the light. They were finally finished growing, and Jorunn carried them with immense pride.

She slid up close to Icaret, her eyes running over the young lady with a practiced eye, as she stopped beside her.

“Aren’t we quiet, little Icaret?” she crooned, and while there was a slight mocking tone to her voice she meant nothing by it. She knew the young lass, and she wondered why she’d come here, of all places, after her moment.

“Tine for your thoughts?” she inquired, cocking her head as she looked to the filly. She wondered what it is – their home was changing and it wouldn’t be long before another came wandering, one who wasn’t of this world – and Jorunn was curious about them, if only for herself and her clan.

She wanted to know what use they were – and she wondered what Icaret thought of them too.

@Icaret <3
Simulucra
N/A level
16 years
Female
In Training

4 Posts

Simulacrum

In any universe...

The world was changing and with it, Icaret halfway wondered if her own world would change. Would the clan change? Would she regret taking the mark and throwing her weight (as miniscule as it was) backing a losing battle? The overall thought was that they should welcome these strangers but worried they would spark the wars all over again. Part of her was secretly excited about the prospect but would hardly admit it. They had warriors to protect their own just in case. They didn't have warriors to start battles. Or at least that's what they taught in classes.

The small, seal bay mare hears the clink of armor and steady steps creeping behind her. Her ears twitch just slightly and a yellow-gold eye turns to catch the stunning mare that came with all the regalia, the height, and prestige. Jealousy flashed in her blood stream before she swallowed her own pride. Pride made all eyes blind is what her father told her countless times. Yet she watched as her older siblings paraded around with their rankings achieved and their life in the clan secured. At this rate, she'd probably be more successful as a miner though her life would be significantly more depressing. Jorunn came behind her and her tone teasing yet lacking the malicious twinge that the taunts about her size usually contained. She turns her antlered head just slightly, before rolling her eyes just softly and sighing. "Another mock lost." She didn't bother sugar coating the truth. No doubt the colt would be proclaiming that she was not fit to wear armor all over the caverns later tonight.

Haddyr peaked her head out from behind the ear and glanced at the other mare before climbing up the antler and perching on the highest point. The yellow-gold eyes watch Jorunn for a moment before glancing back at the beaches that seemed to spout out new comers like the waves spilling shells after a storm. "I don't trust them. They could upset the tentative balance between all of us just by existing." Wars were fought over less--it was a well taught lesson.

...you are my dark star

@Jorunn
N/A
N/A level
years
Guard

5 Posts

Simulacrum
Jorunn

almveigdottir
The weathered figure was unconcerned by the way in which the younger lass brushed her off, brushed herself off, and seemed to be down on herself. Jorunn remembered losing fights as a youngster, hating herself for it, but she’d steeled herself against it and pushed harder, learning and becoming stronger and a good fighter. Even now, she knew that there was hope for this little bay one. So Jorunn extends her head gently, unsheathing her teeth as she nipped at Icaret in a friendly, encouraging but firm way.

“No harm comes from learning how to lose as well. We make mistakes,” she says to her, her eyes bright. “Just learn from them, and show them up. One day it’ll happen and they’ll be on their asses,” she says with a light chuckle, as she dances forward across the violet tendrils of the grass below, looking out over the Tideless Shore.

She was also watching those below, new faces and the portals that shimmered on the shoreline, waves beating up against so many of them. Small waves, but they were there. Jorunn wanted to know who it was who opened them, but she turned her gaze, sharp, to Icaret.

“You’re looking at it the wrong way there,” she says, with a wicked grin. “You sound like a Hylan, concerned they might touch something and break it. I welcome them, because they can help us to get more tine and fortify the Haunt, and make us stronger,” Jorunn said, as she looked back to the beaches.

“I do wonder where it is they come from though…”

Curiosity could be a terrible thing though, she knew. But… all in good time.

@Icaret <3 sorry this is late!
Simulucra
N/A level
16 years
Female
In Training

4 Posts

Simulacrum

In any universe...

From the corner of her golden-yellow eye she saw the blunt teeth of Jorunn exposed against the warm light. Her ears flick back in a nnoyance and she dances away from her friend. Defeated as she was, she wasn't about to allow her flesh to be nipped by the horned warrioress. She snorts and Haddyr scampers off the mare and into the grasses in case there was a battle between them. But Icaret's temper flares and extinguishes in one short breath. Her logical mind realizes that the mare only meant to be encouraging. She snorts and tosses her head moving forward towards the shore line.

She rolls her eyes as she watches the other move so gracefully through the violet blades of grass. "You give a better pep talk than my father. All he'll say is I'm bringing shame to my family and probably say something about my Uncle" There was no hiding that she was related to the now-dead leader the same way that Jorunn could not hide her bloodlines. Yet she allows the subject to die the way her Uncle did, quietly and with dignity. Her seal bay head now turns towards the portals, and to the strange creatures that crawled out of them.

Her ear twitches towards the unknown equines, watching as they looked confused or curious. Part of her wanted to believe that they were of good intention and could only help their cause. And yet, the bigger part of her subconscious fretted about whether they would try to bring an end to their clan and way of life. Her ears flick back as Jorunn teases her, and the idea she might be a Hylan brought a bitter taste to her mouth and short burst her temper flared through her veins. "Or they are from a clan that knows how to use portals and take whatever it is that they want to decimate us. If they desire to be helpful and mine more tine...then I'm all for it but to trust them blindly. To welcome them blindly...it seems a foolish thing to do." But who was she? A warrior in training who lost more mocks than won. A young mare who had so very much to learn and experience in the world before her voice would hold any merit.

...you are my dark star

@Jorunn <3
N/A
N/A level
years
Guard

5 Posts

Simulacrum
Jorunn
almveigdottir
Jorunn was pleased secretly when Icaret moved away from her teeth but she too followed he a little, pondering for a moment pushing into her and letting her fight, but she’d just had one and she needed to recover strength. She’d test her later, perhaps, and so Jorunn did not press her further. She merely leaned away with her long neck, head high, and felt a smirk gracing her features at the words of the young lass.

“Pah, my father would lay into yours about that. He had firm lessons but never punished me for being wrong. And the same for your father’s words – not everyone gets to be as fierce as Tryggvi was. And besides, the only way you’d bring shame would be if you were caught coddling up to a Hylan, or worse and Onyx,” she says as her nostrils crinkle up at the very thought. She had only met a few of them herself and she’d always come to butt heads with them, no matter the way they had come together.

Jorunn did listen to Icaret though, her eyes turning back to the strangers and looking beyond at the horizon line, off down where the ocean’s waves crashed into the shoreline. And the young warrior’s eyes narrowed just a little as she titled her head.

“I welcome them, little one, because I’m more keen on knowing who they are and what they can give us. If they can use the portals, then why we can’t learn from them by showing how friendly we are, and using it to our advantage? We welcome them, we play nice but we never, ever show who we really are,” she says with almost a snarl upon her face, a strange vehement smile there.

“If they trust us… that’s all that matters,” she says sweetly, as she looked back to Icaret, with her eyes burning like sapphires lit by the sunlight. “And whatever they mine, we’ll just have to take it won’t we?”

@Icaret <33